Friday, June 6, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

We made it to my parent's house safe and sound. We have a great time here and it is a chance for me to get a little help with the kids. One little problem...

It's been raining since we got here.

It's been raining in West Virginia since before we left.

The kids want to go out and play, but it is cold and wet and they already have coughs.

Our basement flooded and Drew had to clear out the furniture and carpet.

Elena's favorite song when it rains is "rain, rain go away." I agree.

4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

i'm not sure which is worse, rain non stop so you can't go out and play...
or
blazing heat with 100% humidity so you can't go out and play.

neither is very fun.

Glad you made it safe and hope your kids start feeling better. Miss you guys! :)

Lucy said...

I totally agree with Julia - We have nasty humidity and record high heat. HELLO - wasn't it 20 degrees in May last month?? Guess we have to make do with what we get! :) Alicia, we'd love to have you come visit, however, no rush, we'll probably be closer to DC, so no worries! :)

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Grandparents are the best rain or shine! Hope the weather improves so your cuties can get back out to their dirt pile.:)

The Terrell Family said...

Touche, Lucy. We get some crazy weather here. My parents battled a blizzard in the middle of April to get to the Minneapolis airport to come to WV. They also had a freeze a couple of weeks ago. I guess it doesn't help my case with Drew when I talk about moving back here. I love it, I guess that's part of being "home."