Monday, August 11, 2008

Cin City

Not a typo, just my own creative play on words. =) The family and I just returned from a really great weekend in Cincinnati (see the play on words, haha). Anyway, we went down and stayed with our friends and Drew was able to hang out with some of his life-long buddies. Last year the party was in Morgantown and this year we congregated in Cincinnati.

Drew was able to hang out sans the fam part of the time, and I think it was good for him to be carefree for a little bit.

The kids and I met up with him on Saturday morning with two of the friends and their families. We went to the zoo and in the craziness of trying to meet up with everyone, keep the kids happy and everything else we only really saw the elephants. It was a good effort.

Anyway-I'm not in the mood to log our travels, but I just thought I would post a bit about our weekend. I'm surprised that Drew has managed to stay in touch with these friends for this long, and I look forward to our annual get-togethers with all of the wives and kids. Maybe someday I'll get to leave the kids with Drew for a little rendezvous with some of my friends =).

3 comments:

Lucy said...

i've been lucky, Josh has allowed me to go OFTEN to be with my friends, he's such a sport, at least when he's been in country! i'm sure Drew will gladly help you for the friends reunion, too!

buffyvandabailey said...

I LOVE Cincy, and I love lifelong friends. What a great combo.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree. You should have a girls weekend soon (hint, hint) :) xoxo Belvia