Monday, September 15, 2008

Playing Catch-up

We've been running around like nuts having a blast. Elena loves preschool, and every time we get ready to go she tells me how much her teachers are going to be so happy to see her. It makes me feel good to know that she feels loved by her amazing teachers. We have also been trying to explore the "Wild and Wonderful" state of West Virginia (and So. Pennsylvania) before the weather goes south for the winter.
There is a great park called Chestnut Ridge that has a playground and a swimming area that the kids and I ventured out to with some of our favorite play-pals. Lucas avoided to pool this summer, but give him the combination of dirty lake water and a sandy beach and the kid was in heaven.
Elena also went on her first hay-ride on Friday night while we were at a church activity. She loved it.
I'm not the most consistent at capturing all of our "Kodak moments" but I do have a few pictures from our recent expeditions. We took the kids up to a State Forrest called Coopers Rock. There is a cluster of huge rocks called "Rock City" where the kids have fun climbing around.
There are also pictures from another trip we took yesterday (in lieu of fighting with the kids at Stake Conference). We went up to a state park in Southern PA.
We had a really great time despite Lucas sour mood. Elena alternated between being carried and walking with a bushwhacking stick taking swings at any plants in her way. It was a great way to spend the day together, something we rarely get to do.

Our trip to Ohiopyle, PA



Coopers Rock




(Did I mention Lucas is learning the parts of the body?)



5 comments:

shelly said...

I like the nose picking. This is the first time I've seen a picture of you on your blog. I realize you're in the woods, but you look good! That looks like a beautiful place.

The Terrell Family said...

You mean I look good for someone who has fingers up her nose. =)

buffyvandabailey said...

It appears Lucas doesn't think much of his dad.

The Terrell Family said...

Lucas doesn't think much of sitting still.

Mrs Ana said...

Lucas doesn't look too happy in the first picture but he is cutie nontheless. Love the scenery very beautiful.For some reason I think I'm going to live WV someday. I know it sounds odd,but it's always in the back of my mind.