Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This is the way we go to school, la la la

(To the tune of Mulberry Bush =).



Elena started Preschool today. She's all grown up. No, not even close but it still is a little reminder that time is already going to fast.

Brushing up on her shapes.


Her first day went very well. She had no problem being dropped off and was appropriately excited to come home with me. In other words, she wasn't sitting at the window waiting for me to come and she didn't put up a huge fight when I told her it was time to go. When I came and got her she was playing outside on the private playground for preschoolers. As we walked back into the school she was pedaling on a tricycle - something I've never seen her coordinate before. (One day down and she's already learned something) She went into her room grabbed her things from her cubby and said goodbye to her teacher like she's been doing this for awhile. I talked to her teacher and she said Elena was quiet until they sat in a circle, introduced themselves and tried to describe the clothes they were wearing. That is always a favorite topic of Elena's.


Lucas and I enjoyed our first couple of hours just the two of us - something we've never had before. He was more excited to see the playground than Elena when we picked her up, but I can understand - It's a great play area.


Time to go.

Lucas' new favorite hiding spot.

Everything but the kitchen sink.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I can't believe Elena is old enough for preschool. It's crazy how fast they're growing! Love her outfit and backpack! I loved that apple line from Gymboree.

ckw said...

HEY! Great blog! Elena is gorgeous- I see a lot of you in her...true? I wasn't really thinking ahead enough about getting Alivia into preschool this year- oops. Guess I'll have to work extra hard with her.

Lucas is a doll- and looks like he's very busy.

So good to see what you all are up to.

Where do you find your cute background for your blog? I'm still new to this blog land and am trying to find my way around.

How are YOU? Squeezes to the little ones for me. :)

Mrs Ana said...

Hi Alicia, Glad you found me on facebook. Your chidren are beautiful. I love your blog and I love Elena's name that's my sister's name. I love it that we can keep in touch. Tell your wonderful mother hello for me. She was always one of my favorite people!