Friday, December 19, 2008

"Battery Exhausted"

This week has been stuffed with Christmas activities and other bustlings. We were stranded for the beginning part of the week, but by Wednesday afternoon I had walked to the service station (with two kids and their huge car seats in tow) and retrieved my car, new radiator and all. Back in business. This was just in time for our Christmas cookie decorating party hosted by a friend of ours.
This brave family hosted a dozen mini-cookie decorators and their parents. Sadly, I forgot my camera and don't have any pictures of Elena working away with the pink and green frostings. With half a week of errands to run, we spent Thursday in the car hopping from store to store trying to track down all we needed for our parties today (this included a hunt for reindeer antlers that seemed to be evading us).
This morning Elena had her Christmas party at preschool. It was so fun to see all the little kids romping around high on sugar and Christmas excitement. I had my camera and was ready to go when the screen flashed: Battery Exhausted. So, no pictures of this event either.
After this party we rushed home to get ready for Elena's Birthday Party for Jesus that she wanted to hold. We were able to have a few families over to celebrate and it was a lot of fun for us. We even collected a few toys that we are going to take to a local charity. I hope to make it an annual event. In all of the motions, I forgot to take any pictures of this one too.
So-sorry to Drew and grandparents who would have liked to see some sort of record of these fun activities, but just know the kids were cute and had a blast!

2 comments:

Mrs Ana said...

When it comes to taking pictures, some years just turn out that way but all the activities sound like a lot of fun. I especially like the birthday party for Jesus. Thanks for sharing!

Lucy said...

I swear I have the same problem as your camera.

"Battery Exhausted." :)

Merry Christmas!