Friday, March 20, 2009

Sandcastles out of cornstarch

My adorable, sweet, perfect children (gagging on the sarcasm) decided to take advantage of a distracted mommy and to create the biggest mess I've had to clean up to date. Lucas got into a barely opened box of cornstarch and spread it to his heart's content. When I first discovered the little angels, the mess was contained to the kitchen. It took about two second for them to spread the superfine dust from the back door to the front door. I am still cleaning up the chaos. It is on every bookshelf, tabletop, appliance, etc. Here are a few pictures of the darlings before things got really good. I figured I should put down the camera and wrangle up the snowmen. Oh, the pictures aren't blurry, the corstarch created a thick haze that took half a day to settle.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is right up there with one of the best messes recorded in the history of mess. And I thought I had my hands full when Audrey cut her dress today! :) TGIF!!!!!!!!

buffyvandabailey said...

Oh, my dear, sweet Alicia. That's a nightmare. And you're going to be finding cornstarch in crevices for the next six months.