Monday, May 18, 2009

Mourning

I lost a dear friend today, or at least what felt like one. Over the last seven years we have spent every Sunday evening together. I probably turned to this friend more than any other to help me cope with the wave of sickness that accompanied my first trimesters with both kids. This friend was my go to if I needed a larger-than-life sidekick to bring to parties or dinners. The kids have become quite attached too as they have shared in the joy that this friend brings into our lives. Goodbye beloved popcorn bowl. I will miss you.

On this day, May 18, our beautiful, huge, breakable popcorn bowl entered into eternal rest (in the trash) due to injuries suffered during a fall. Being too tempting for Lucas to resist, he pulled the bowl down off the counter in search of remnants from last evening's festivities. Having joined our family on a wedding gift registry outing, it has been with us longer than Drew and I have been married. It could withstand several long-distance moves, but it was no match for our little boy. A moment of silence please.

4 comments:

shelly said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss. I just bought an air popcorn popper and appreciate everything associated with that yummy snack.

Julia Kelly said...

what come to mind first was diet coke....to give up diet coke would be sad indeed. however, i am sorry for your loss, being a popcorn lover myself as well.

buffyvandabailey said...

I knew RIGHT AWAY that this post had something to do with popcorn. We're huge popcorn fans in my family, but Allan hates it. Boo.

Courtnie said...

I guess it went off to Popcorn Bowl Heaven. RIP

I don' have a fondness for popcorn, myself . . .