Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas on the frozen tundra

When we got back to West Virginia after our Christmas trip, I ran into a mom from Elena's school. I told her we had been on vacation and just got back. She told me she hoped we'd been someplace warm. Not Exactly.

When it looks like this outside:














What do you do?


1) Put the kids to work




























2) Send the men out to "Hunt and Gather" Supper













3)Make and snitch Christmas cookies











4) Build an Indoor Sandbox in Grandpa's shop




5) Pretend it's somewhere warmer

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh lovely Fargo!!! Pictures of all that snow brings back memories!
Look how fun your parents are with your kids!!! Sounds like you had a great visit.
ps. I love that we can keep in touch now!

LMJ said...

OK, I had a moment when I looked at that picture of you pregnant and thought I had really missed a piece of big news. Guess I didn't notice Elena was a baby and it was 2+ years ago. Despite being in the tundra, it looks like you guys had a great trip - I love that sandbox, and your kitchen. It looks beautiful. I love to see pictures of your kids as they get big.