Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Handy Helpers





I have set a goal for posting some new pictures of our project house. I know lots of you have been wondering what we got ourselves into when we moved here. So, in the near future I will do that. I have lots of befores and not many afters. Probably because the house is still a work in progress and probably will be until a week before we move.




Isn't that true of most homes though? It seems like people always have something they would like to get done or some redecorating on their to-do lists. Our house was built in 1929 and recent owners tried to convert it to a three unit apartment building. For example, Elena's room was a kitchen and Lucas' had a furnace and bright blue carpet in it. Needless to say, we got a great deal on it. Thanks to the help of family members (including Elena and Lucas), we have made considerable progress in the short time we've lived here. We have had to undo a lot of the previous owners' crazy ideas, but it is now something that I am very excited to call home. Pictures will be coming shortly!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Alisa-- I'm so glad you have a blog now! I'll look forward to keeping up with you through it. Your kids are adorable!

buffyvandabailey said...

Oh my gosh!! Lucas is so grown up and looks a lot more like you than I thought he would! So glad to see you have a blog. I still don't. I'm stubborn about it.

Julia Kelly said...

Cute blog! Come over on Friday if you aren't busy. Or drop your kids off and have a morning to yourself to get things done...call me :)

Ashley and Cody said...

Your kids are so big! I can't believe how much they've changed, especially Lucas. I can't wait to see them and we will be around in April so give us a call.

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

It was fun seeing how big your kids have gotten and what you've been up to.