Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Good Job, Mom!"

I have quite the little cheerleader on my hands lately. Elena is going through a phase where she tells everyone "good job" no matter what they have just done. She was cutting some paper with her new scissors and she handed me a piece of scrap paper and when I took it she told me "Good job, Mom." This little piece of encouragement is shared when I throw something in the garbage, make a right hand turn when driving, when Drew gives her a drink at dinner, when Lucas plays with a toy, the list goes on and on. She doesn't forget to include herself. Whenever she does something pleasing, like using the potty or cleaning up her toys you'll hear a "good job, lane-ah."

Everytime she says this I smile and laugh. I'm sure that is part of the reason this has been going on awhile. It makes me so happy that she is learning to be happy for other people and that she wants to encourage her family to keep up what we're doing.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

so so cute. i can't wait to see her.