Saturday, April 12, 2008

Out-numbered two to one


I must admit I was a bit nervous for my first major road trip by myself with the kids. I've got great kids, but something about car trips that make them demanding little beasts. However, our trip to Indiana was a huge success. Thanks to portable DVD players, pretzels and the Lion King Soundtrack.

We just got back from our whirlwind trip to Indiana. It was such a great trip. These pictures are from the Children's Museum in Indianapolis.
I wanted to get back to Indy and visit our friends before some started to disperse after graduation. To those we saw: It was so fun to see you all and we miss you so much. To those we didn't: We're sorry we missed you! We miss you! It worked out that I was also able to see some friends from grad school. My career minded other half lives vicariously through them.
We also got to visit Drew's parents. His sister happened to be in town with her kids, so the house was full. The kids had a great time playing together. Elena's cousins taught her hide-and-seek. She still has a bit of trouble understanding that you need someone to come and seek you before you hide. The kids had a great time at the Children's Museum and the Indianapolis Zoo as well. Elena's favorites were the penguins and seals.
The trip was great and it made me miss my wonderful, amazing friends so much more than I already did. Love you all!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

i had such a good time with you. i'm so glad we got to go out. i miss you but when you were here it was like you never left. i guess that is what good friends are all about.

Getting Bigger Every Day said...

We had such a blast seeing you! I'm so glad we were able to get together and I miss you tons. Thanks for making the trip.

Lucy said...

Miss that museum, it truly is a classic. Traveling with the kids can be oh so fun... We just did 16 hours to West Palm Beach. It was worth every minute! :)

attack of The Mouse said...

Wish I could have been there to see you. I am so glad you have a blog. I can't beleive how life has changed since we lived by you guys. E. was only like 6 months old. Your kids are adorable. I am excited to keep in touch with you guys. Come visit us at www.attackofthemouse.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I cannot believe how big they are now! They are just beautiful! Wish you guys were around here, I finally have summers off! The kids would've had fun! Hope life is treating you well out there!