Friday, October 31, 2008

Don't be fooled

Noodles are not just harmless, chewable foods.

Just to give you an example of my crazy day yesterday: I cut my finger on spaghetti. Spaghetti. What? Spaghetti. A noodle.

I was rushing to get dinner (something I was eagerly preparing all afternoon since we hadn't had a nice meal in awhile) and I realized the pot I needed was dirty and I had to wash it quickly. I was using my hands to get out the dried spaghetti noodle and the darned thing sliced my thumb open. Who does that? Be cautious of your pasta. Or do your dishes promptly to avoid any issues.

Do you have any good stories?

3 comments:

LNJ said...

I cut my finger pretty bad trying to slice a bagel once. I still have the scar, it cut almost to the bone. I was 17 and I went to find someone to help me, because I started getting really dizzy, and I found my dad, and he said, "not now Lindsay", and so I found my mom, and she helped me rinse it in the sink, and then we both started getting fainty, and then we started laughing hysterically at the thought of someone finding us both passed out in the bathroom floor because of a stupid little cut.

Anonymous said...

I have a great kitchen story. I was making dinner for some guests. I was making this really yummy chicken casserole. I had already cooked the chicken, and it was waiting in the glass casserole dish on top of the stove. I was heating the sauce to pour over the chicken, and I didn't realize that I had the wrong burner turned on. Apparently I had the burner turned on under the Pyrex dish, and it exploded and sent huge chunks of glass flying across the kitchen at me. Thank goodness I had on this huge cable knit sweater, and the glass just bounced off of me. What is even scarier about this story, is that a week later, on the news there was a story about a chef who tried to cook with a pyrex dish on the stove, and it exploded and killed him. Thankfully for me, I just had a really big scare and a huge mess to clean up.

Twinmomwv said...

I had a Pyrex pan explode on me too! I have never attempted to deglaze a glass pan over a burner again.