Sunday, October 26, 2008

What would you do?

Drew's mom was in town this weekend. She and Drew took the kids up to Pittsburgh for a trip to the Children's Museum. This means that I was going to have most of the day to MYSELF!! What? Yes, to myself. I've been dreaming of this possible day and all the things that I would accomplish if I were to ever have such time alone.


The vision:
Paint the basement (between the 70's paneling and the 70's chair that Drew refuses to part with it's all a little much)
Sleep a little bit
Organize the kids' closets and shoes
Go through the storage room and make a Good-Will and a Craig's List pile
Read something thought provoking
Go out to lunch by myself with my thought provoking reading material
Get my hair-cut
Catch up on laundry

(The day is only so long - I know)


What I didn't do:
What I did do:
I went to Lowes to buy some brackets to fix Elena's closet shelf and rod that decided to crash to the floor the night before
I played with a power tool in order to fix the closet
I ate Taco Bell in front of my computer and watched a couple episodes of The Office: Season 1 via Netflix
I read thought provoking blogs and meandered around on the Internet.
In other words: I did nothing! You know what? It was amazing!

5 comments:

Courtnie said...

Ha ha! I hear you! Sometimes doing nothing feels just great!

Julia Kelly said...

Good for you! we all need days like that! BTW..GREAT lesson today! :)

buffyvandabailey said...

I think I would spend the entire day at Barnes & Noble. Reading books that I'll never buy.

Mrs Ana said...

I would of gone for the haircut and then gone to the bookstore.

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Love it! I probably would have just stared at the wall all day. You sound like you were actually somewhat productive.:)