Friday, October 3, 2008

What a zoo!

Well we did it. It's over. It was great!
Elena's preschool organized a field trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo. I committed to go and have been stressing about it since. We left at 7:30 in the morning and got home around 4:00. We rode a charter bus with the preschool kids and their parents. I decided to take both kids and hope for the best. They were great. I was scared about not having my own car and thus an out if things got kind of hairy with Lucas, as they sometimes do. Miraculously they didn't. The forecast predicted rain, but it stayed dry and just cool enough to keep out the crowds. What would they do on the bus? Ahhh, built in TV screens and a DVD player. I can hear the halleluia chorus in the background.
Both kids were so well behaved I was amazed. I even got to see Elena's first crush-ee. This little boy is so concerned with Elena, where she is, if she's OK, will she or won't she hold his hand, etc. So cute. Here are a few pictures.
(First, the Pitt. Childrend's Museum with Grandpa Lee)


(Cool hand, Lucas)
(The Zoo)


5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

so did you end up getting a pass to the Zoo? Glad that is was better then you thought it would be. That's always a nice surprise.

buffyvandabailey said...

Oh my gosh, Elena is so cute!!! No wonder she already has a codependent boyfriend.

Becky said...

Hooray for outings that go smoother than expected! I have been blessed by a couple of those myself...Elena is very cute--I think she looks a lot like you and maybe a little like your dad.

Team Pierce said...

It always seems that the more stressed I am about an upcoming event, the smoother it goes when it actually arrives. Get all the bad chei out ahead of time.

Rebecca said...

what a fun little outing. i'm glad things went well maybe now you will come visit us again soon. I love seening pictures of your adorable kids.