Monday, February 2, 2009

War of the wet

I am not usually an advice seeker (in fact my eyes usually roll back into my head anytime I see the unsolicited kind coming my way) , but this time I'm open to any suggestion you may have. We finally had Elena potty trained to stay dry through the night. She had been accident-free for over a month. All of a sudden she started having nightly accidents. She refuses to wear a pull up and I really don't want to go backwards. We (by that I mean ME) have been getting up with her in the middle of the night to take her to the potty in order to avoid the accident. I was just wondering how any of you may have conquered the nighttime potty-training. Let me know and I promise I won't roll my eyes.

I did find this little contraption, but I don't know if I'm quite at that point =).

6 comments:

LNJ said...

Marley's doctor told us that they can't really help it when they go at night. It's just something they grow out of. I'd just make her wear a pull up and put on some plastic sheets. I will tell you this, when Ben was gone, she regressed and started having accidents again. Sometimes when they're stressed out, or there is a huge change, I think it can affect them like that. Good Luck!

Carla Anne said...

Audrey still wears pull-ups but I have a couple of friends who have had some success. One friend stops liquid an hour before bed and then takes her little girl to the bathroom when she(the friend)goes to bed. It seems to have worked for her. I tried with Audrey but I am not always there in time.

Friend two tried these potty PODS which are basically a liner that goes in their underwear and when it gets wet it gets REALLY cold not painful she said but really uncomfortable and that helped their four year old. Good luck, if you come up with anything good let me know, I am totally over pull-ups at night.

buffyvandabailey said...

I have no advice for you. Only because my kid is so perfect he never EVER does that....

attack of The Mouse said...

I am open for ideas too because, guess what, my little girl was dry at night starting the day we started potting training. A YEAR AND A HALF later she started wetting the bed EVER NIGHT!!!!! It has been going on for almost a year. We have done pull ups, and I get her up FOUR times night to prevent her from having accidents. I get your frustration. It makes me want to drop kick her. :) I keep trying to ignore it or at least act like it doesn't bother me, but guess what it does.

Julia Kelly said...

Don't ask me. I've been changing sheets nightly for Loraya. When I wake up in the morning and shes wearing different pj bottoms then she was wearing the night before.....well I can usually guess what happened!. I guess the wet sheets don't bother her???

The Whites said...

We had alyson wear underwear and put a diaper over the underwear because she wasn't bothered if she wet a diaper but was bothered when she felt the wet underwear. There was less clean up because we just had to change the underwear, and she eventually quit going at night. It's hard to tell what will work with each different kid though!