Friday, March 27, 2009

In my own backyard

This is not a picture of my parents yard, but a few houses down. My parents are ready to leave if there is a mandatory evacuation, but right now they're still holding down the fort. They now have a dike in the back of their house AND in the front. The one in the front won't help them much, but it will be a backup for the rest of the city if the sandbags can't hold the water.
A good reminder that no man is an island:
this is a great slide show. sorry if you're tired of looking at flood stuff. it is just forefront in my mind.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Are you 100% sure you want to move to Fargo???
I say your parents come to WV! :)
We know the scare of TX flooding, but not with ice thrown in there for an added thrill.
They are in our prayers!!!!

Mrs Ana said...

It brings tears to my eyes to see all those brave souls working so hard to help each other. That's one thing I appreciate about living in ND is the people. We saw a lot of that here in Bismarck too. Please tell your Parents we love them and are praying for them. We will be praying for Miracles! Thanks for linking those pictures. Awesome!!