Friday, March 13, 2009

Killing me with kindness

Today I have been smothered by the kind deeds of others and I feel like I should bake everyone cinnamon rolls. This morning I went to get my transmission checked out at a transmission shop. They didn't find a problem with the transmission itself, but they did a few other repairs that they saw. They didn't charge me a dime. Then this guy at Wal-Mart saw my overloaded life and took my cart and put it away for me. The lady at the car-rental place upgraded us and gave us an additional discount for the weekend. To top it all off, Drew is taking the kids for the weekend. They're off to Detroit to visit his family. I'm floating on a cloud. (I'm still waiting for someone's neck to start bleeding or head to fall off that would make Drew stay too late at work and cancel the bliss). I really should be baking and delivering goodies to everyone.
I guess making soup and cheesecake for a stake activity will have to suffice for now.

1 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm not sure I could name a price to have a weekend alone, in MY house....

Have a blast. Do all the crap work first, and enjoy the rest! :)