Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Huh, It's June?

The weather has already turned hot and humid, Memorial Day has come and gone, Drew has finished his first of two months in Martinsburg, school is out. It occured to me this morning that May is gone and it's June. I missed May.
I had dreaded May because I knew that Drew would be leaving for a two month rotation in a town about 3 hours from here. My goal was to pack as much into the days so that the kids would be so exhausted by the time the day was over that they would fall into their beds. Thus expediting the process that makes bedtime my least favorite time of the day. For the most part, that goal was accomplished. It also helped that Drew was able to come home on the weekends to take over the duties =).
The kids have been amazing while he is away. I have also been greatly blessed by so many wonderful friends who have been aware of our situation and extended numerous invitations that make the days go so much better!

1 comments:

Pamela said...

Did you know that Martinsburg was where we lived when we left Mo-town? Too bad (well, not really) we don't live there anymore. Drew could've visited with us while we were there!