Friday, August 19, 2011

On to the Big K (Kindergarten, that is)










Elena started Kindergarten yesterday. I don't suppose she's any different from other first day of school-ers. She woke up early with a smile, eager to get dressed, and had her shoes on before Lucas had gotten out of bed. This is saying a lot, for those of you who know how early Lucas gets up.

The little lady thought she was already too big for a parental accompaniment into class, but I insisted that I still have a few more years before she gets to play that card. After a few token pictures were taken, she kindly let me know she was fine and that I could now go.

I've tried very hard over the past (almost) six years to not rush the time or to wish away the precious early years. I refused to count the days until she would be in school. I thought it would make me more appreciative of the moments we spent together - easier to accept the marching on of time. Unfortunately, I think it made me more selfish. I want more time with her!!! She is so amazing and sweet and smart and all of the other wonderful qualities moms attribute to their children. I just want to keep her to myself, but I won't. I'll share her.

Today was the second day of school. Elena's enthusiasm to get up at 6:30 is already waned. She pulled the covers over her head and asked if it was almost summer vacation again. Poor thing has no idea what's in store...







13 comments:

shelly said...

Oh, the uniform. So cute. My heart hurts for you =) Thanks for the reminder to appreciate time with my munchkins.

Web Design Bangalore said...

Splendid work. Your writing is top notch.

ciel said...

cute kids. :)

deer antler velvet said...

grow-up already! cute girl!deer antler velvet

maldiveshotels said...

very nice posting ... :-)

Unknown said...


Do you like louis vuitton uk. Buy burberry outlet. I like ugg boots outlet.

Naana said...

You seem to be a nice family!
missversatile.bloogspot.com

Unknown said...

Free Facebook Likes, Youtube Views, Twitter Followers, Get Unlimited Views, Followers and Likes
jobzcornerz@gmail.com, 923362823339
www.jobzcorner.come

Uhu work said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

nice one..
Organic SEO Services Firm India

gebze evden eve nakliyat said...

Yıllardır hizmet veren firmamız Kocaeli Gebze bölgesinde müşterilerine sıradışı özelliklerde bir taşıma işlemi sunmakta ve beğeni toplamaktadır. İleri derecede güvenlikli eşya taşıma işlemimiz ile sorunsuz bir nakliye yapmaktayız. Baloncuklu naylon ile eşyaları sarıyor, konusunda uzman mobilyacılar ile dolaplarınızı söküp takıyoruz. Gece gündüz yollarda eşyalarınızı zamanında teslimat yapmak için çalışıyor, kamyonlarımız ile sürekli yol alıyoruz. Kapalı kasa olan bu araçların içleri eşya taşıma işlemleri için özel olarak dizayn edilmiştir. Sizlerin bize emanet ettiğiniz malzemeleriniz için özellikle titiz davranıyor, her daim iyi işler çıkarıyoruz. Şehirler arası taşımalarda parsiyel olarak verdiğimiz fiyatlarla ile sizlere uygun bir taşıma imkanı sunuyoruz. Uygun ve kaliteli taşıma işlemleriniz için bizleri arayabilirsiniz.
kurtköy evden eve nakliyat
şekerpınar evden eve nakliyat
içmeler evden eve nakliyat
aydınlı evden eve nakliyat
Orhanlı evden eve nakliyat
Şifa evden eve nakliyat
güzelyalı evden eve nakliyat
esenyalı evden eve nakliyat
çayırova evden eve nakliyat
mutlukent evden eve nakliyat

Anonymous said...

stop by my house on the way home pumpkin, I will take your little soft cotton panties off, take you to my bed f and teach you things you will never learn in school, I love kindergarten girls or actually it is the pus-y I like

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة عزل اسطح بالقصيم
شركة عزل خزانات بابها
شركة عزل اسطح بخميس مشيط
شركة عزل اسطح بالنعيرية