Monday, June 30, 2008

"Alicia (Allen) Terrell"

This is the name I was known by at my 10 year high school reunion - Admitting that I have now attended my 10 year reunion makes me feel a little old. The next stop my thirtieth birthday (not for another 2 years, but still). I will also admit that despite some initial apprehension I had a really good time. It was fun to be 17 again for a couple of evenings. I enjoyed seeing people that I haven't seen since our milestone march across the stage at the Fargo Civic Center. I was impressed at the things people were doing with their lives. I know some pretty amazing people.
At the ten year mark most of us look pretty similar to before and are just getting started being grown-ups. It didn't seem like ten years had passed in some regards. With all that said, it also made me happy that those days are over. I love my life and where I'm at in it (even if the "where" is currently West Virginia). I'm excited to find what the next 10 years have in store.

0 comments: