Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday, Monday

We're back in beatiful West Virginia! It is good to be home, but I sure miss the extra hands around to help with the kids. The kids were excited to see their dad and he was so happy to see them. I can't blame him, the kids are getting to be such fun and crazy little monkeys.
Our trip back to West Virginia was long to say the least. We left Fargo at 5:30 am CST and arrived home at 8:00 pm EST. A total of five hours in the car and four+ on the airplane makes for a rough day. The last thing I needed was a critical passenger on the last flight, but that's what I got. The lady behind us felt the need less than five minutes after boarding to let me know that the noise Lucas was making was annoying, twice. I gave her a brief piece of my mind and proceeded to tear up quietly to myself for the rest of the flight. I usually get sympathetic looks and comments and very generous offerings of help; never have I had anyone be as audacious to tell me, an obviously stressed out mother of small children traveling solo, that her kids are annoying. Whatever, vent session over.

Drew had a busy week at work, but when the weekend came we were able to really get some good time in together. We had a nice 4th celebration with some friends, we took the kids to the pool, we had another party Sunday, Lucas made it through all of church on Sunday, and so on. It was great.
Then comes Monday morning. My least favorite for the typical reasons, but it also is extra hard because this is the morning that I have to sit down with Elena and explain that Daddy had to go back to work. She usually cries about how much she misses him and asks if he's coming home soon. We all know the answer to that. We go through this every morning, but Mondays are especially hard. But who likes Mondays anyway?

4 comments:

Lucy said...

No thank you for Monday. The house is always shambles, you have to get back into the routine of things, no fun. But by Tuesday thank goodness I'm back in the groove. Welcome back by the way, we tried to sneak in, to see Drew on our way home, but didn't catch him, as we expected!

Aimee said...

So, I totally hear you on the airplane thing! You're very brave to fly solo, especially with both kids! After our experience at Christmas, I decided I needed to wait to fly with Ashley again until she's a little bit older. To sum it up, we were stuck on the airplane for 3 over hours (10:30pm until 1:00am). Ashley does well as long as we're moving, which we weren't. So she cried quite a bit because she was exhausted. There was a Dad, Mom, and 5 year old daughter in front of us. She turned to her mom and asked why the baby was crying so much. The mom told her that she was probably tired and that's why they were so glad that they had taught her how to be such a good girl! Give me a break! Ashley wasn't even 1 yet! And I have to add in that after three hours of sitting there, they unloaded us and told us we'd have to find another flight in the morning (but that's a totally different story). Anyway, I'm very sorry you had that experience on top of a very long, exhausting traveling day!

The Terrell Family said...

Sad, I hope they weren't on your next flight.

Courtnie said...

Hi Alicia! I had a bad experience too where a jerk in front of us plugged his ears when Lexi was upset and gave me the evil eye the whole trip. He also complained that Lexi was kicking his chair, which she wasn't!
I wanted to get violent and smack him upside the head. I teared up too, and I wasn't flying solo with two little ones. You are very brave!