Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Quick little bits

Where does time go? I just wanted to post a few quick updates on what the kids are up to. My parents are after me to post more pics, so I will when I get an extra minute, but this will have to suffice.

Major milestone #1 - Elena is officially potty-trained. We needed to get on the ball for preschool in the fall, so one day I took off her diaper and we've only had a few accidents since. She is good about telling me when she needs to use the bathroom - even when we're away from home. She has also gotten used to the idea that before we go anywhere or do much she needs to use the bathroom. She still wears a diaper for naps (stays dry but why chance it) and at bed, but I see sleep potty training as a seperate process and worthy of its own milestone marker.

Major milestone #2 - Lucas joined us at the big table last night for dinner. It was fun to have him join us. Lucas is using a fork and spoon on his own.

#3 - Lucas sat through sacrament meeting for the 1st time. It took a lot of raisins and a sippy cup, but he made it. We also had to bring out the binky. We're trying to get rid of the pacifier during the day, but I figure Church is an exception. Small steps.


Yesterday we went to play at a friend's house and she went to set up this huge inflatable bounce toy and giant water slide, but there was a hole in it. So we settled for a slip-n-slide. Unfortunately, the setup of that resulted in three rips that made it unusable. Then there was the 4 foot snake in the yard that Elena ran into. That pretty much sealed the deal. We ended up having a great time playing in the kiddie pool safe on the deck.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm with your parents on the pics, lets' see the snake!! :)

The Terrell Family said...

Ewwww. My reaction time wasn't quick enough to get it on film. I was worried about keeping my children from getting swallowed whole by the monster serpent.