Saturday, December 13, 2008

Rite of Passage

Supposedly most kids, at one time or another decide to play barber shop on their own heads. Well the day has come for Elena. She decided, in her words, that her hair was too long. Now, in her words also, it is too short. I didn't know exactly how to react when I found the mound of hair on her table. I was angry, sad, amused, etc. I at least knew I had to capture this momentous occasion on camera.


Before the trip to the salon for a touch up:

The end result:
My dad always thought she had too much hair around her face, now that it's all cut off maybe he'll be satisfied. =)


4 comments:

shelly said...

You're right about that seeming to be a right of passage. I have to tell you that the pixie cut is super cute!

Pamela said...

Oh no!!! No more Suri!! LOL

LNJ said...

welcome to three! first the preschool barber shop, then the poo smearing. and yes, it is as bad as it sounds.

The Whites said...

Alyson cut one small bit out of her hair a few months ago, and I almost died, so i can't imagine finding a big chunk out! it looks cute and is probably easier to manage now though. :)