Sunday, June 14, 2009

Renovation Realities

Well, it won't make a very interesting episode of "Renovation Realities" on HGTV, but hopefully it would qualify for "Bang for your Buck." I'm referring to our recent kitchen undertaking, or rather overhaul. The story: basically, we scrimped and saved our change in a special jar (Huntington Bank) and called in our oh so useful family members, and this week we accomplished our goal of remodeling our outdated and almost dilapidated kitchen. There were some re-plumbing and re-wiring issues, but I left that to the pros (i.e. my dad and his friend), and other than a few manageable glitches the project went very smoothly. Here are some befores and afters (hopefully you will be able to differentiate between the two):


(I even included the "before" mess)




The pics don't do the job justice, but I'm really happy with the way the project turned out. With the exception of a few finishing details and a new stove (keeping fingers crossed that the jar has a little left in it), our kitchen is done. We were able to get it all done in about a week. Thank heavens! I'm ready to cook up a storm and have you all over.

9 comments:

buffyvandabailey said...

Congratulations! It looks awesome! And it probably feels so great to see the payoff of your scrimping and saving. Working towards a goal makes it so much sweeter in the end.

Shawny said...

Wow! I love it. Great job you guys!!

Julia Kelly said...

Wow! It looks so great! Can't wait to see it in person.

Carla Anne said...

That is gorgeous!!! Good Job! I love renovations.

Gillian said...

I love it!

Twinmomwv said...

It looks fantastic! Can they come do my kitchen?

Wendy said...

YEAH!!!!! It is beautiful! I'm so happy for y'all!
Hope all is well in ND~look forward to catching up in August and staring at your new kitchen. :)

ckw said...

Wow! What an awesome overhaul! Looks great!

Heather and Brendan said...

Lots of storage... Love it!!! The kitchen looks beautiful!!!